Tuesday 17 September 2013

Lunchtime at Harry's Bar - Bank


It's taken awhile but Pacman Chomps took aim at this fancy Bar & Restaurant tucked down Ironmonger Lane for a chomp-athon, but how did it fare?

Well for one thing, it's full of suits and why not, the decor inside is swish, glossy white and its around Bank, but don't take my word for it look below:


We had booked a large table beforehand and they bought us jugs of water with limes in and selection of bread and butter. So far so good, standard affair for a restaurant that aims at those with the means of income around the area, but don't sweat just yet, all you got to do is trick your boss to put it on the expense account. Thank jebus for team lunches :D

Regardless of your black amex status, they make you feel welcome, even after we took a while to order and faffed around for a bit like the uncivilised monkeys we were, luckily we got there in the end and heres what we ordered!

(Left) Pan Seared Lemon Sole Fillets with brown shrimps, samphire and lemon noisette butter
(Right) Tempura Battered Cod Fillet with hand-cut chips, tartar sauce and lemon
(Left) Roasted Chicken Breast with Buttered Mash
(Right) Beef 1/4 Pounder Burger with Hand Cut Chips
Smoked Paprika Roasted Pork Belly with fennel, apple, cumin slaw, sweet potato
Close Up Shot Baby
Verdict
Its difficult to say as I obviously couldn't take a bite out of each and everyones dish like a hungry hungry hippo, I mean people were looking at me and I'm not about to be carted off to the looney bin for being a suspected case of rabies.... But from what they tell me and what I've tried before (not exactly my first visit) heres the various verdicts.

The burgers were good, its no Patty and Bun but that place is currently one of the best and also dedicated to the burger cause! This slab of bovine however does the job and a very filling one at that, the chips are good too, like burger king level if you understand that phrase.

The two fish dishes are mixed, Tempura Battered Cod Fillet is as you'd expect, a posh fish and chips; while the Pan Seared Lemon Sole was very salty on this outing not death levels but too salty for me. Roasted Chicken Breast, adequate was the word, translated means a little dry but thank the gods we got gravy here.

Now lastly the Roasted Pork Belly, damn son if you're not allowed pork then I'm sorry but I'm tucking into this and your shaming will hold no sway over these parts. Its not perfect, some parts are a little dry and they needed a lot more sweet potato! But it sure as hell got me stuff to the level where they had to guide me out as I was comatosed.


Overall the service was the shiner coupled with the fact that the surroundings are all slick and the waitresses are all gorgeous, you'd feel like doing this every week but your wallet would soon be eating your fat ass and food wise, you can do better for cheaper. They do the basics very well and pork belly will hit that sweet spot so definitely don't be shy to try the other dishes if you're bored of burgers and what nots.

7/10

Would I go again?
Yes, I could grow fat here as its next door to me but my wallet would die at my chomping rate, luckily its a great place to meet clients and go for dates, and after hours its a great bar to come shake off the bludgeoning of the work week. The madness!

Address
17-20 Ironmonger Lane, London, EC2V 8EP
http://harrys.co.uk/ironmonger/

Harrys Bar on Urbanspoon

Follow me on Twitter @pacmanchomps
Website: @PacmanChomps

No comments:

Post a Comment